Months ago we signed up to run the Davis County Aggie 5K. At the last min Spencer decided he needed to ride Big Cottonwood Canyon to train for his upcoming race so just the kids and I went. Thank goodness Kearsten decided to join us, it was great to have her help pushing the triple. Big Blue was there and the boys were very impressed and yet frightened out of their minds. When I finally talked them into waving they sat on their hands as if to say "We waved but don't come over here." The race was great and the boys asked about Big Blue the whole way. We finished in just 31 mins. After the race we enjoyed Aggie Ice Cream and snapped a pic with Big Blue himself.
Spencer had a great ride and afterwards we planted our garden. It's the first time in our box gardens and the boys were so excited to help. Beans, tomatoes, even a pumpkin. It's exciting to share these things with the kids and I look forward to teaching them lessons about sowing and reaping. I'm not sure what will come up but here's hoping!

1 comment:
Way to go congradulations, I didn't know you were running a race, glad you had fun.
the garden looks great as well, it will be fun to see how it turns out and the joy of eating something that you grew. Way to go
Post a Comment