
It was great to have Spencer's family in town
Before the ceremony we had a BBQ at the Alumni House, for those who wanted to participate in this awesome occasion but didn't want to sit through the long ceremony. (Who can blame them). It was wonderful to see everyone, including my family. Thanks to Mitch for being the grill man and Becky for taking the photo's. Although she hasn't gotten those to me as of yet, so no pictures of the BBQ.
The day after the BBQ my sisters, mom and Aunt Christine through a baby shower for me and the boys. It was great. I got to see and catch up with a number of people I hadn't seen in awhile. Including old roommates, old ward members and family. The support was overwhelming (I may have cried a little, I'm usually not so girly, I'm blaming it on the hormones) and greatly appreciated. I didn't realize we needed so much stuff. A huge gracious to those who planned it and helped pull things off, it was perfect!
Among all of this Spencer and I closed on the new house, packed up the old apartment and moved from Logan to Syracuse. Because we are expecting I haven't been as much help as I would have liked. As a result Spencer has been trooper! The only problem is he isn't feeling 100% either. He has had a virus for going on a month that keeps manifesting itself in different ways. We've been to the clinic twice in the last two weeks. It's so unlike him to even been willing to go to the doctor. Thank to those who helped us move, namely Becky, Kim and Cory. I think we would still be in Logan without their help!
Part of the new kitchen into the dinning area into the front sitting room. (Before we moved in.)
Spencer and I are both a little surprised at how much stuff we have. It borders on ridiculous. But unpacking is coming along. Slowly, but it's coming. Although things have slowed down a little more as Spencer started his new job this week!
As you can see, it's been a little crazy. I hope to post on a more regular basis from here on out, given life doesn't get to crazy (right!)
3 comments:
Mary Elizabeth,
It was fun to be able to attend the graduation celebrations and to see the new home and help a little with the move. Congratulations to Spencer for all his hard work - hope he is feeling better
Kurt and I apologize that we didn't get to help you move. I think Kurt and I are loosing our minds. You only called us 24 hours before you needed us and we still forgot. We feel terrible.
Congrats Spencer on your graduation! Hope both of you feel better soon, it's no fun being sick and having to move. Good luck your new future post- Master!
Post a Comment