Friday, June 20, 2008

How are you Feeling?

We’ve found when pregnant we are asked 4 basic questions.
1 - When are you due?
2 - Do you know what you are having?
3 - Do twins run in the family?
4 - How are you feeling?

There are a few more questions but these are by far the most common. It is only the last question that gives me some thought. Most often I’ll simply answer, “Good, thank you”. But for you, the lucky readers of this blog, I’ll tell you exactly how I’m feeling. In no particular order, I feel:

Movement: Like two boys are stretching and kicking and perhaps even playing
Exhausted: Like a bear before hibernation, I can’t get enough sleep
Sore/Achey: Like a very out of shape athlete who just endured the first practice of the season from a coach who had no mercy
Huge: Like a mini cooper, complete with passengers (I think the picture below illustrates my point)
Grateful: Like the presidential pardoned turkey on Thanksgiving. We are so grateful for this blessing in our lives.
Confused: Like, where did my center of gravity go? Like, I thought I had stomach muscles for turning over in bed, why is it so difficult now? Has anyone seen my toes, I certainly haven’t?
Hormonal: Like a crazed teenage girl. I cried before the Super Bowl began, I cried when the Celtics won the NBA Championship. I cried tears of joy at numerous Aggie Basketball games. I don’t think that’s normal.
Hot: Like an ant under a magnifying glass. Spencer says our bedroom feels more like a meat locker. He sleeps under flannel blankets, I wish we could turn the AC down a few more degrees.
Trust: Like a skydiver trusts his parachute. The Lord knows what he is doing and what is best for us. He most think we can handle this.
Joy/Anxious: Like a mom about to have her first kids. It’s a little different to experience these emotions at the exact same time.

In a nut shell that is how I feel. Enough about me, how do you feel about me?




Baby Update

We had another Dr’s appointment this last week. The boys seem to be doing very well. They gained more weight and each weigh about 5 lbs. That’s a total of 10 lbs of baby. No wonder my back is sore. We have about 5 more weeks to go so I have no doubt these boys are going to be big and healthy. I’m hoping for basketball big, not football big.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 pounds each already- they are going to be big! Mine were 2 1/2 weeks early and weighed almost 6 pounds each! Email me so we can chat- nateandmel619@msn.com
~Melissa (Page) Diehl

Kristin said...

Thanks for the update- we both got a good laugh out of it. Sorry about the kicking, hot-ness, hormones, and other fun side effect. You are a trooper!

Kati said...

Wow I am glad all is going well. I am also glad that you have AC and can make your room feel like a meat locker. LEt me tell you....the crying never goes away. You will find yourself crying at the things your boys do and TV commercials and movies.....( I cried during Cars). It is all worth it though.