Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Just a Cold??

When is a cold more then just a cold? The simple answer ... when you end up in the ER. Penn caught the "cold" Logan had last week. The only difference, Penn has had a much more difficult time breathing.
Sunday we could hear his wheeze from across the room. It seemed he was having to work extra hard to breath. We called the pediatrician who suggested we bring him in. After his examination he sent us over to the ER for a nasal swab to test for RSV. (Nasal Swab = a long suction tub inserted up his nose). The results came back positive. Turns out Logan had it as well. RSV is serious in infants and a little bit scary. But the boys have dealt with it amazingly well.
We were back at the pediatrician's today and things are looking up. Both Penn and Logan are on the mend. We'll just need to watch their breathing and yes their mucus.

After a long day there is nothing like shooting some hoops with a good friend.







The hoop is a Christmas gift Spencer and I got for the boys. They haven't grasped the whole game just yet, but with more practice I'm sure they'll get it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your boys get feeling better. I am always nervous about the RSV thing this time of year. I'm definately looking forward to spring! Your kids sure are cute...get better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I was always so scared of RSV! Good thing your boys are doing fine with it!

Daryl & Gayelene said...

What a scare. But I am glad that they are on the mend. I guess it is never too soon to start them at basketball.
love ya

Larson Family said...

I am sorry...my twins just got diagnosed with RSV today. We aren't as severe as yours, luckily. It wears on moms big time! Take care. Loves!!

Autumn said...

Believe this or not but the one thing I wanted to take home from the hospital (with whatever kid had RSV) was the mucus suctioner-I thought that sucker was awesome. I still have dreams of getting my hands on one. I'm glad the boys are doing better. It's so sad when babies get sick.