Wednesday, August 12, 2009

24

We are just coming off an interesting 24 hours. We had a lot of fun and a little crazy ...
The boys and I have some charming visitors, all of which are from England. Aunt Wendy and Aunt Eve brought Cousin Janet over. Janet is visiting from England for two weeks. I liked her the minute we met. She has a wonderful British accent however I needed a translator. At the airport she didn't have time to "Spend a penny" and unfortunately her son in law "has been made redundant twice". Do you know what they mean?
For FHE we decided to do Tin Foil Dinners at a wonderful park that had both fire pits as well as grass for baseball and soccer. It was a great find and we'll go back!


We don't really have large trees around our house so the boys love big trees and leaves. They both thought the fire was amazing.
The tin foil dinners took longer then expected so we ended up having smores and swinging by a drive through on the way home. Gratefully we had packed the boys a "back up" dinner.

The boys had their MMR immunizations 13 days ago but their injection sites had gotten really red and they had rashes. So we made a trip to the Doctors. Turns out Logan has the German Measles and Penn has Chicken Pox. For each of them it was a 1 in 50 chance this could happen. We are just that lucky!


Logan's injection site after 13 days!

Penn's one pox.

What a crazy 24 hours!

6 comments:

Daryl & Gayelene said...

Hopefully Logan and Penn are feeling better. You never did translate, I didn't understand what she meant either.

Bailey Family said...

Wow you poor girl! I bet it's hard to have them both miserable at the same time!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Just an FYI, she didn't have time to use the restroom at the airport and her son in law has been laid off or down sized because of the economy.

Anonymous said...

German Measles and chicken pox! Wow!

Monica said...

Too funny (it will be to you in a year or so too)!! Crazy!!

Hill said...

How weird is THAT, that both boys would end up with something like that? I mean, I can see chicken pox, but the German Measles? Really? lol