Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bike the Bear

Bear Lake is a great destination to have our very first stay-cation. That's just what we did this last weekend. We rented a condo and had Becky and her roommate Elizabeth up to help with the boys. We had a great time Friday night, we took the boys to the swimming pool for the first time. They weren't so sure about things but seemed to warm up a little. At the crack of dawn the next morning Spencer and I headed out for a bike race around Bear Lake. It was an awesome ride. We finished the 50 mile race in 3 hours, near the top of the 300 riders. My training partner, Kerstin, finished about the same time. It was so nice to have help with the boys so Spencer and I could ride.

The things we do to get a good photo.


After the race we took the boys to the beach. They loved it! They were intent on bringing as much of it home as possible. It was nearly a full time job keeping sea shells out of Logan's mouth.

It was truly amazing the amount of sand they managed to get into their diapers. A huge thanks to Becky and Elizabeth for making this stay-cation a huge success. (Becky was elusive when it came to the camera so here is one of Elizabeth and I)

3 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Looks like you had a fun and successful time!!

Daryl & Gayelene said...

I bet the boys really enjoyed the sand. does that mean a sand box in the near future

Autumn said...

Great job in the bike ride! I bet it was a beautiful ride.