Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Random Thoughts

This blog is usually all about the kids but I wanted to share a random thought from me, and I mean random. I know ... the excitement the anticipation.
Are there things in your life that make you go "I'm on my way, I'm practically all grown up?" Every time I look at my banana hanger I think "wow, I have one of those?" It's silly but true. It's one of those things that isn't necessary but great to have. I thought the same thing this afternoon when I was putting towels in the linen closet. I whole closet just for my linens, amazing. Life is great! We may not have much but we're grateful for the things we do have. So here's to all the banana hangers in your life.

4 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

haha. Love it. I like your random thoughts. You should share them more often. I never thought that much about a banana hanger, but as much as my son eats bananas, I am thinking it might not be a bad thing to have! Perhaps that means I am growing up!! Hahhaaa...

Daryl & Gayelene said...

I don't have a banana hanger. I guess I don't have to grow up yet

Me said...

Ha ha, you're so cute!! I do need a banana hanger... sometimes though I even think WOW i'm an adult when I say to someone, "Yeah I am just starting dinner" WHAT I actually MAKE DINNER! :)

Daryl said...

Mary Elizabeth, great perspective, it is good to step back at times and "count our many blessings". But like my Mom used to say "life is like a play, the people are real and are playing a part, all the rest of the stuff is just props." The things that count are the people. I look at you and spencer and my grandchildren as my blessings. My prized possesions are the relationships I have with you guys. I know you hate it when I "wax phylisophical, but then you know how I feel about bananas.