Turns out potty training is more like a half marathon then a sprint. I thought we were prepared, I even read a book "How to Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day". It lied. It's simply not possible to train a 2 1/2 year old to use the potty in just one day. It had some great verbiage but throwing a huge party complete with fireworks and a canvas rug you've painted to look like a magic carpet is not going to get your child to use the potty in one day. Further more she only has one child, we were attempting to do two. But I have to say the boys are doing great. Logan is all but trained. He tells me every time and runs to the potty all by himself. Penn is not far behind. The boys have only had a handful of accidents since Sunday (as in a week ago). Don't get me wrong, it's not easy. In the first hour we had 4 accidents! 4!
We did take some funny pictures of the boys on the potty but we've decided not to embarrass them by sharing it here. We'll save those for their wedding video's. Here are some other great pics.

3 comments:
What great pictures of my grandchildren. I am glad that things are going well with the potty training. I know you and Spencer will do great in running the 1/2 marathon
I tried potty training my oldest in one day. It was horrible. I was miserable, he was miserable. I can't even imagine doing it with 2! Your kids are so cute!
PS I was back at T-Ville last night and even saw Doc for a minute! AH, the good ole' days.
Those are some great pictures of the kids. I also love the blog. I haven't got to look at them for a while and I miss them. Thank you for taking the time and effort. Dad
Post a Comment