Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Superhero!

According to Wikipedia Superheros have many common attributes, such as:
  1. Extraordinary abilities

  2. A strong moral code (including a willingness to risk one’s own safety in the service of good without expectation of reward)

  3. A distinctive costume

We all of Superhero's in our lives. I'm lucky enough to be married to one. You may be asking your self, what makes Spencer a superhero? He may not be able to leap a building in a single bound or have a magical lasso however he is an engineer and has the mind that goes with it. He can rig, make or riddle his way through almost anything. As far as I'm concerned that's an extraordinary ability.

On the subject of a strong moral code, there is no doubt. As an illustrative example. Once his wife had a terrible cold and was unable to properly take care of their twin boys and get better. Spencer's code dictated he run to the store late one night and get orange juice and tissues and work from home the next morning so she could get some rest and a long hot shower. All with no expectation of a reward. Without a doubt a heroic act.

Then there is the question regarding the costume. Here of late the primary theme is a polo shirt by day and spit up by night.

Spencer works long hours during the day and is amazing with the twins at night. (He even gets up with me for the 2:00 am feeding). With a crazy schedule Spencer still trys to find time to work on things around the house. Our application to finish the basement was recently approved. Spencer did such a great job with the scale plan the application was approved in less then 2 hours! (it usually takes at least a week). Plus our garage is now a two car garage cause he has been working to organize our things.


Without a doubt Spencer is a superhero and I'm lucky to be "stuck" with him for eternity.

4 comments:

Delia D'Nell said...

Yay for your SuperHero!

Daryl & Gayelene said...

I would have to agree you did get a good one. We love him as well.

Becky said...

According to Dwight "A hero kills people. People that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part super natural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma or a disaster that must be avenged." Spencer doesn't quite fit the description, but I still think he's a great guy!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Becky, I love "The Office" almost as much as I love you! Thanks for the Dwight quote, although I think he has it all wrong.