Friday, May 8, 2009

Moments

There are moments in life when all is right with the world. When your not worried about the dishes or the fact you haven't mowed the lawn in over a week or even the mortgage. I experienced one such moment yesterday morning. The boys and I had just gotten back from our morning jog and I was doing the dishes as the boys were quietly playing in the front room. When I hear one of my favorite sounds, giggling. I peek around the corner to find that Penn has knocked Logan over and is on top of him wrestling. Penn is even pretending to eat Logan's "baby back ribs". Logan thinks it's the funniest thing in the world and is laughing right along with Penn. I'm so grateful for these little buddies.

Conversely, sometimes we have moments in life when we are frightened so much everything becomes surprisingly clear and the adrenaline gets pumping. As I was basking in yesterdays high their morning nap ended and I hear Logan crying for me to come and get him. I walked in the nursery to find Penn is not in his crib! Somehow he got out of his crib (that's a long fall for one so little) and is sleeping on the floor curled up in a ball with his binki in his mouth. We've never even seen him pull himself up to a stand. I have no idea how he managed to get out. Penn is fine, there isn't a bump or bruise on him. He just scared his mom, who made his dad lower the mattress the second he got home.

Yesterday was full of moments I'm sure I'll remember for a very long time. As a side note the dishes got done, the lawn is mowed and the mortgage is paid ... but I don't think I'll remember those moments.

1 comment:

hope2adoptbaby said...

You are right...little giggles are THE BEST and I'm sure it was totally scary to find one little person missing.

Thanks again for the jam. It is SO GOOD! Seriously. My mom brought me some homemade bread and I'm in heaven. :)