Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice

I've come to accept as a girl I am woefully outnumbered in my own home. That's right 3 to 1 is woefully outnumbered. Growing up with 3 younger sisters I was never outnumbered. I've had to make some adjustments and I'm sure many more are to come. Generally I don't mind but last week I had enough, I needed girl time. I invited the girls next door over to bake cookies, a very girly thing to do.
The girls happen to be twins as well, one dark and one light just like ours. They enjoyed measuring and stirring. After licking spoons we played with the boys while the cookies baked.

On the whole it was a very enjoyable afternoon. The cookies turned out and the girls ate to their hearts content. Maybe next time we'll do face masks, do you think they are too young?

2 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

You are the nicest neighbor! I bet those girls had the best time spending the day with you and your boys. Glad to see you were able to squeeze in a little 'girl time.'

Autumn said...

Oh what a very fun neighbor you are. I wish you were my neighbor!