I'm just getting the pics off my camera from Labor Day. We had a great time and I simply must share. We packed everything but the kitchen sink and went to Monica and Sean's for the extended weekend. We did so many things, the best part must of it was firsts. We started out canning peaches. We've never really done canning so it was a first for most of us. Thank goodness for our fearless leader, Monica. We did 7 boxes of peaches in about 2 and half hours. 
So many hands made the work light I can hardly wait for January to enjoy the fruits of our labor. With the extra time we decided to hit the Eastern Idaho Fair, another first. The boys loved it. We were able to get close to such a variety of animals the boys were in awe and couldn't get enough.
Sunday morning Monica and Sean blessed Gavin. In all of the rush I didn't get a picture. He was adorable and received a wonderful blessing from his Dad. That kid doesn't even know how loved he is.
After things settled down Sunday, and after some long naps, we packed up and headed to the mountains for our very first over night camping trip. 
The boys slept in layered clothes as well as tons of blankets. I think they were comfortable most of the night but didn't mind climbing into bed with Dada the next morning to enjoy a morning bottle. It was chilly outside the tent so we cuddled while we waited to warm up next to the fire, which is what the boys are pointing at. We can't wait for next year to do more camping. It'll be an even bigger adventure when the boys are better walkers.
It was a great trip, I can't help but ask ... "What are we doing next weekend?" I'm sure Spencer will answer ... "Sleeping!!"
1 comment:
Lots of good fun times!!
Post a Comment