It may shock some of you to learn I don't bathe my boys every day. It's a tremendous amount of effort and preparation esp when I'm by myself and lets be honest they don't get that dirty in a day. That may all change in the summer when we play outside more, but right now that isn't the case. It's not like they don't get baths it just every other day or every third day. So now you know my secret ... I have to ask myself why I intentionally complicate my life. It seems the last little bit I bathe the boys in the afternoon and then feed them pasta that evening. As a result no matter how much I scrub they end up with an orange glow.

This is after pasta, they are cleaning their trays with damp paper towels. At least those come clean without 2 baths in one day.
Now that you know one of my secrets I might as well tell you another. I sneak vegetables into my pasta. It's sneaky and maybe a little underhanded but it works. Onions and peppers are good but I've gotten even sneakier. Carrots have been known to appear in the sauce, but it gets worst I'm contemplating other veggies. Maybe some zucchini...
So there you have it. Two of my best kept secrets. I already feel better having shared.
4 comments:
don't worry- we don't bathe everyday here either (although we probably some days should!).
oh and i have started hiding pureed veggies in stuff too! Aidan is so picky, this is the only way I can get him to have veggies, even if it is a small amount. Oh and i made choc chip cookies with chick peas last week- huge hit!
Same here! My kids don't get bathed every day, but probably will in the summer. I also put veggies in our pasta - carrots are great, zucchini is great, too! You can also put zucchini in cookies, cake, brownies, etc.
Yay you have a blog too!! You know what I bathe my kids maybe twice a week. It's too hard to fit it in every day! Good to know I'm not the only one that doesn't have baths as part of their nightly routine. Oh yeah and I need to sneak more veggies in our food, we definitely don't eat many around here cause I don't like them! bad!
Wow, you have come a long way. I bet you keep their feet clean though!!!!!
Post a Comment