Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Young Love

I've recently been going through some old boxes with a few old memories and lots of old junk. While asking myself "Why did I keep this?" I stumbled across these pictures and laughed right out loud. Let me introduce my first boyfriends. That's right plural, Troy and Doug.

I think it was the 2nd grade. Being the decisive girl I was wasn't, I couldn't make up my mind between the two. As a result a wooing war began. Both parties presented gifts, no doubt things chosen from older sisters jewelery box, poetry was written and a playground scuffle occurred. All for what? I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure we didn't hold hands or anything. In the end my Mom made me return the jewelery and break up with Troy (shown with me at the Hogle Zoo, my first date). O well it was probably for the best, did you see those shorts?

2 comments:

Me said...

Wow, those shorts and that hair TOTALLY won boyfriend #1 over for me. :) ha ha! So funny. I wish I had pictures of my first "boyfriends" that would be funny.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I remember Doug, but Troy doesn't look too familiar.
Gotta love those shorts!