Since the beginning we've had a picture of Jesus in their room. They've been able to point Him out since before they were 1 and they could say His name before 18 months. When we prayed they always said "Jesus?" Then we would explain that we pray in Jesus' name too Heavenly Father. Then last week we took them to the Ogden Temple and talked about how it's the House of the Lord and how we can be together forever as an eternal family. We even talked about the angel Moroni. I'm not sure how much sunk in but we are trying.... Anyway back to prayer. So now when we pray the conversation goes something like this nearly every time.
"Fold your arms for prayer" "Jesus?"
"Yes we pray too Heavenly ..."
"Father!"
"... in Jesus' name"
"Temple!!"
"Yes, the Temple is the House of the Lord"
Penn is esp enthusiastic about this conversation, while Logan participates but I think he just wants to say the prayer so we can eat.
To top it all off, every time we are closing the prayer Penn always - I mean always - jumps the gun and yells "Amen" too early. It's adorable and troubling, I hope that doesn't happen in church.
I thought I'd include a reverent picture of all of my children sitting together but as you can see things didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. I'm sure eventually I'll get lucky and capture a cute picture ... I just need more time.

I think in this picture the boys look devious. Poor Audrey, she is going to have to be one tough girl.
2 comments:
Those boys are so funny!! Audrey is adorable in that outfit and the headband!!
The pictures are great. What do you mean you hope to eventually get lucky and get a good picture. You already have.
Sure love you guys
Post a Comment