Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trains, Trains, Trains

I've gotten a little behind, but we really could just some the last week and a half up with one word, TRAINS. The boys have been in train heaven. For Labor Day we made the trek to the Golden Spike National Historical Site. The steam engines were impressive and loud. I had to hang back to feed Audrey so missed the first trains entrance however as I walked up Penn ran to me and said "Another train, coming!" They were both sooo excited.
They reenacted the original ceremony. The boys were a little confused by the funny clothes but enjoyed holding some of the commemorative spikes.

We had our first family movie night. We rented "Thomas the Train and the Misty Island Rescue". Spencer made it extra special and hung towels in the windows to black the room out. They loved it. They've talked about it nearly every day. "Train movie, in the dark". This is a pic of them in their sleepers before the movie.And finally we took them to the zoo and rode the train. It's a 2 and half min ride but again they loved it and cried when it was time to get off.
The zoo was great fun. The elephants, alligators and giraffes were all hits. Some of you are dying to see how we get around. So here is a pic of our totally awesome stroller. The seats recline individually and it keeps everyone separate so no more bloody noses! We use it every day and love it!
Who has time to smile for a picture when the monkeys are running around?

Audrey has been very patient and really has just enjoyed the ride. I wonder if the boys will be so understanding when she wants to watch something a little more girly.

4 comments:

Daryl & Gayelene said...

Looks like lots of fun. You go from tractors to trains. I wonder whats next

Jenny Axford Cook said...

Cute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

That is a cool stroller! my 3 year old loves loves trains too- I'll have to remember the Golden Spike for next year

hope2adoptbaby said...

Fun! We love trains too! :)