Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moments That Make Me Smile

There are numerous things that make me smile as a mom. But one of my favorites is when my kids show their love for one another. They can be so thoughtful and sweet. We aren't perfect, we still have our come a parts but there are plenty of sweet moments. Like when Logan or Penn won't go outside to play until "brother" can come too. From day one they have been so wonderful with Audrey. That's the question we get the most, "how do the boys do with the baby?" Let me tell you...
The other day Audrey was in her swing fussing a little. I had my hands full changing Penn's diaper (when am I not changing a diaper?) Both boys are great when it comes to locating the binki and giving it to Audrey. So off runs little Logan to get her binki. I guess he couldn't find it because she kept fussing, but I could hear him doing a lot of running. I come out to find 5 hot wheel cars in her swing. He was trying to make her happy by sharing his favorite toys. I can just see him trying a car to see if it would help her be happy and when it didn't work running to get another one. Very cute...
Penn is just as sweet. I found him "reading" to her the other day. They love the Thomas Train books Uncle Mitch gave them for their birthday. We read them numerous times a day. Penn was going through each page pointing out all of the highlights, the cows, the birthday cake, Thomas, etc. I was lucky to have the camera handy so I got a pic. I love that Audrey was actually listening and enjoying the attention her brothers where giving her.
Being a Mom has some awesome benefits!

4 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

That is precious. Reminds me of things I see at home too. It`s amazing how much they love each other right from the start.

Daryl said...

I love my grandkids, and you guys are doing such a great job raising them to have such rewarding experiences. You too Mary Elizabeth did stuff like that when you were a kid, for your sisters. You set quite an example for them. I love you.

Daryl & Gayelene said...

These are pay day moments, and what makes it all worth being a mom. You will many more of them throughout the years. Love ya

Autumn said...

How sweet they are. I love precious moments and I LOVE sweet boys-they are the best!