We had a really great Family Home Evening the other night. My sister did this and I knew we would have a blast with it. We talked about putting on the whole armor of God and making good choices. We read the scripture in D&C 27 and helped the kids put on the different pieces of armor. We had things like the helmet of salvation and breast plate of righteousness. We used their Captain America shields and a piece of the race track for a sword. The boys thought it was great and Audrey was just happy to be part of the crew.
Then Spencer threw mini marshmallows and shouted temptations and the boys blocked them with their shields. Temptations like talking to our friends during primary or not listening to our parents. In the end he ran out of temptations and it regressed to things like "tax evasion". They loved eating the temptations and laughing about their over sized breast plates when we were finished.
I'm certain the boys didn't understand all of it, but they have been trying harder to make good choices and it's a memory they won't soon forget. How could they? A food fight while wearing armor, it's every little kids dream.
2 comments:
So fun! I bet they loved Dad throwing marshmallows at them!
That sounds like something the kids would really enjoy. I loved the pictures. thanks for sharing
Post a Comment