March 2 was Dr. Seuss' birthday and of course we celebrated. I've been converted to the Seuss band wagon. I love the valuable life lessons he teaches in so many of his books. "Horton Hatches an Egg" is a big favorite as is "The Sneetches". But the one that put me over the top is "Green Eggs and Ham". It has done truly amazing things, it has opened the minds of my children to trying things. We quote it at least three times a week at dinner.
That morning we really didn't have a choice, we had to try green eggs and ham for breakfast. With a little food coloring and we were on our way.
No one was over enthused about my grand idea, I'll even admit it didn't look great. But in the end they gobbled it right up.
A huge thank you to Dr. Seuss, your books are truly amazing and continue to inspire people the world over.
1 comment:
That is seriously too funny! I tried coloring scrambled eggs once.. Troy tried to eat it but said he just couldn't do it. I couldn't even try it!
Post a Comment