Monday, October 20, 2008

Memory Lane

For those of you who know me you know I'm really not a creative - artise person. I can't draw, I don't scrapbook and I do not have an eye for interior design. As a result it may surprise you to learn that I'm an accomplished artist who's work is displayed prominently where hundreds of thousands of people see it every year.

When I was in the 1st grade Mrs. Campbell asked we draw something that made us happy for the new Primary Children's Hospital. Long story short I won a contest. My "yo-yo girl" won for the letter Y and is displayed throughout the hospital.

We had an opportunity to visit my art work when we visited Candis and Alexis at the hospital.
I'm sorry to say my ability hasn't improved. If I were to draw a yo-yo girl today it wouldn't look to much different. I may not be a creative person but I can still dribble a basketball and I can't wait to teach the boys how to drain a three.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- that's neat! Memories- we were in the same 1st grade class, but my picture must have sucked cuz I don't remember that at all!

Delia D'Nell said...

I knew you were amazingly smart but I didn't know you were also famous. I may have to visit your art next time I am at Primary Children's!